Extension to "Monitoring CPU load - capturing process list"

garrick garrick at usc.edu
Wed Aug 13 06:17:02 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:41:14PM +1000, Jurgens, Matthew alleged:
> then it would be extremely useful to be able to click on the "EWP Windsor
> Status - ERROR" and be shown the rest of the details that were returned to
> Nagios when it ran the service check. This would then centralise the
> pertinent part of the logs and enable quick and easy access to pertinent
> information about the fault. This would be far simpler and quicker (for the
> Nagios user) than having to connect to the remote machine, find the log and
> then read it.
>
> Is this something than can currently be done or is this an enhancement to
> Nagios?

I'm still new to nagios, but I believe the solution is to have the
plugin write the output to a file under nagios/share/ and return the
status to nagios in the form of an html link to the output file.  There's
also a program in nagios/libexec called "urlize" which can format the
output as an html link.