How can I delay checks when a host goes down?

garrick garrick at usc.edu
Mon Aug 11 23:19:22 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:26:27PM -0400, Chris Koniecny alleged:

> 	How can I delay checks when a host goes down?  Right now when the host
> is DOWN, the checks are happening every 3 seconds until it reaches the
> max checks when it is determined that the host/service is DOWN.
>
> 	I want there to be a host/service down check interval of 30 seconds or
> more, rather than 3 seconds.  I don't have a clue how to expand this

See "normal_check_interval" and "retry_check_interval" at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service and
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/configmain.html#interval_length and
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/checkscheduling.html