Escalations !

Carlito - nagios user nagios at okka.org.za
Mon Aug 11 12:36:59 CEST 2003

This is my escalation definition ...

# Hostgroup 'mobilegroup' escalation definition
define hostgroupescalation{
hostgroup_name		 	mobilegroup
first_notification 	 	2
last_notification 	        9
contact_groups 		 	cttech
notification_interval 	 	1
}

This is my host definition ...

# 'mobile' host definition
define host{
use			generic-host		; Name of host template to
use
host_name 		mobile
alias 			mobile
address 		192.168.20.100
check_command 		check-host-alive
max_check_attempts      2
notification_interval 	1
notification_period 	24x7
notification_options 	d,u,r
}

This is my service definition ...

# Service definition
define service{
use generic-service		; Name of service template to use

host_name 	        mobile
service_description 	PING
is_volatile 		0
check_period 		24x7
max_check_attempts      2
normal_check_interval 	1
retry_check_interval 	1
contact_groups 	        cttech
notification_interval   2
notification_period 	24x7
notification_options 	w,u,c,r
check_command		check-host-alive
}

My problem is that if I test this config and pull out the nic cable , nagios
sends me a mail telling me it's down , but after 2 minutes and viewing the
notification number on the web interface , it fails to notify the groups
specified in the contact groups and contacts file !

Any ideas , I've read the documentation extensively as well as examined the
configs of the online demo @ http://demo.square-box.com/ but alas I've got
no joy for the escalations !