Nagios to RSS / XML?

Ashi Sheth ashi.sheth at uop.edu
Mon Aug 11 07:22:13 CEST 2003

Hello all -

I was wondering whether anyone has come up with a method of being able to
create RSS style feeds for notifications.

My reason for this is two-fold:
- I do not want to make my nagios web server available outside of our
network, but we would still like to have people be able to view any down
systems (such as webmail, etc.) so they are aware someone has been notified.
- I also do not want to give users access to any nagios web pages in
general.

Basically what I would like to do is have a notification block on our main
departmental web page which will have a scrolling list of what systems /
services are registered as either down or critical state. If no systems are
down, then some generic statement saying all systems are go. I was thinking
that perhaps it could be done by parsing the status.log? Does that make any
sense?

RSS style feeds would also allow me to make this information available to
anyone who goes to our departmental web page, but does not give (nor
require) access to any further server/website.

Thanks.

Ashi Sheth

Ashi Sheth
ashi.sheth at uop.edu
Systems Engineering Manager / Sr. Systems Engineer
(209) 946 - 3986
University of the Pacific - OISR
Stockton, CA