Unknow state while trying to 'fping'

Rainer sourceforge at powered.net
Sat Aug 9 22:49:41 CEST 2003

Diz ae Rivador. Saudações brasileiras...

Replace the command definition with this one:

define command{
         command_name    check_fping
         command_line    $USER1$/check_fping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$ -n 3
         }

As for the service definition, change the check_command to:
check_command   check_fping!100.0,20%!200.0,40%

Change the warning and critical levels to anything you wish... you may also
change the "-n 3", which is the number of pings sent on each check.
You probably wouldn't want to use more than 3 or 4.

Important: Set the SUID flag on the check_fping binary
chmod +s check_fping

Falow,
Rainer Alves
Unisys Brazil