Smoke-detector connected to Nagios ?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Sat Aug 9 15:30:36 CEST 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Brian Ipsen wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  Due to a recent event in out power-installations (actually the UPS went on
> fire :-( ) - I wonder if anyone has any experience in connecting a
> smoke-detector to Nagios - and that way around be alerted by email, SMS,
> pager or similar - if any smoke is detected by the device ?
>
> Regards,
>
> /Brian Ipsen

Depends on the smoke detector and building management systems.  I have
seen/used building management systems (temp, smoke, extinguishers, door
alarams) that were fully snmp capable.

For non-BMS based smoke detectors, you might want to consider an snmp
device with dry contacts or intelligent sensors.

google: http://www.akcpinc.com/

--
-sg