setting up server info in Nagios

Scott Wang scott at scottscomputing.com
Fri Aug 8 20:55:23 CEST 2003

hey guys, I'm a newbie to the group and to Linux.  I just downloaded
and installed Red Hat 9 yesterday on a spare computer that will be
solely for running Nagios and checking the uptime of my webserver(s).

I want to check apache/port80, pop server, DNS, and ftp server.  I
want it to check once per minute.

I have Nagios installed and authentication disabled (because I
couldn't get that to work - it's okay though - behind a firewall).

My only hitch is that I can't figure out how in the world to enter my
server's details and tell it to start doing its thing...

Is there anyone here that can take my hand and walk me through it,
step by step?

Or a step-by-step manual anywhere?  I dug through all the
documentation I could find.

-Scott