permissions and cgi's

Joerg Hartmann J.Hartmann at megalearn.de
Thu Aug 7 16:58:15 CEST 2003

Hello,

i was running Netsaint for two years and thought now it would be time to
upgrade to Nagios.
I user Debian Woody and it's nagios-mysql package which is version 1.1 of
Nagios.

Unfortunatly i have problems with the cgi's of Nagios which i dont get
solved by my own.

After creating the database in MySQL for Nagios i installed the tables
with the included "create_mysql.sql" script.
I installed Nagios and it is writing the status etc into the database
just fine (as i can see with the mysql client).

I configured resource.cfg and cgi.cfg to use the mysql-db with the
apropriate user and password. It's just on the localhost.
And i have checked this some dozend times ...
The nagios DB user has all the rights and the right password.
The apache config should also be ok , as i get the login screen and all
requests are logged by apache as coming from the "nagiosadmin" user.

But i can not see the status of any host or service (service detail, host
detail etc.) The frames display always the error message:
"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of the services you requested..."
and the process status information on the webinterface say's always
 "unknown" , even if i can see al the information in the nagios db.

It does not matter if i set "use_authentication" to 1 or 0. I just get
the error message.

The command "/usr/sbin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg" doesn't produce
any error and nagios is running fine using it's database.
I just can't see the results on the website.

As i dont know where to look for the problem now i hope someone can give
some advice.

regards
			Jörg
--