(no subject)

Joseph B. McQueen jmcqueen at wpsc.com
Thu Aug 7 14:00:11 CEST 2003

There is no VPN involved as our network is only private circuits. As for
a route, that would not explain why I could telnet to the device, but
not ping. The problem is very specific to ICMP. As well, having another
machine on the same switch being able to ping the device indicates it is
not related to the network, but more specifically to the Nagios server.
I'm only running a default gateway with no routing protocols and no
static routes. I've checked the routes on the device before and after
the problem and the do not change. It is a very wierd problem.