Issue with hostgroups.

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Wed Aug 6 20:18:01 CEST 2003

This 'more than one instance of Nagios' issue seems to come up a lot, in
relation to many different questions. I found this to be a problem early
on, with NetSaint, and my solution was to add a sleep command in the
init script. In the restart section, between shutdown and startup, I
have it sleep for 30 seconds. This seems to be enough time to let the
other running Nagios processes finish their work and shutdown before
starting the daemon again.
I don't know if this will work for everyone, although I haven't had an
issue related to second instances since implementing this. Perhaps if
this is generally thought to be a good idea, Ethan could add it to the
init script in the distribution.
Thoughts?

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 303.881.5157 (Mobile)

reporting any issue.