Nagios stop checking after notifying as down.

Jason Payne - iLand Internet Solutions Corp. jason.payne at iland.com
Wed Aug 6 17:55:06 CEST 2003

I am having a strange problem where, for example, after a switch goes down and 10 hosts go down nagios will stop checking a few of them.  It will notify us that the servers are down.  However, I will check a few hours later and the last check will be the time at which the switch went down and it will still show the host as being down.  I schedule an immediate check for all services and the host and they come back up and nagios notifies everyone that the host/services are back up.  Why would nagios just stop checking?  I hadn't disabled checks on the host.  Has anyone seen a problem like this?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Payne
Iland Internet Solutions