R: R: running ./configure

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Wed Aug 6 15:58:34 CEST 2003

OK !!!!

All is working fine!

Many thanks Benny

Marco

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]Per conto di C. Bensend
Inviato: martedì 5 agosto 2003 16.18
A: Marco Borsani
Cc: NAGIOS
Oggetto: Re: R: [Nagios-users] running ./configure

> # swlist -l fileset | grep -i perl
> # perl                                  5.8.0          perl
>   perl.perl-MAN
>   perl.perl-RUN
>   perl.perl-SHLIBS
>
> # whereis perl
> perl: /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/contrib/bin/perl
>
> # echo $PATH | grep -i perl

/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fc/b

in:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/upgrade/bin:/opt/pd/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/

X11:/opt/hparray/bin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/opt/OV/bin/OpC:/opt/ne

tworker/bin:/opt/OV/bin:/usr/sbin/diag/contrib:/opt/pred/bin:/opt/graphics/c

ommon/bin:/sbin:/home/root:/usr/local/bin/:/opt/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin:/op

t/OV/bin:/opt/OV/bin/OpC:/opt/OV/bin/OpC/install:/usr/contrib/bin/perl:/usr/
> local/bin/perl
>
> Do you see anything wrong?

No, not off the top of my head.  However, you need to try that on _both_
machines, to see what the difference is.  The errors you are getting sure
look like complaints about perl to me - so, what's different about the
perl installations on the two machines?

My first guess was that you were using an updated perl on one machine,
and the perl that comes with HP-UX on the other.  And trust me, the perl
that comes with HP-UX is ooooolllllllllddddddddddd (perl 4.something).

Benny

--
"Corpsman:  Usually a young, long-haired, bearded, Marine hatin' Sailor
with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of hell to

any issue.