Bug in check_dns

Dale Clapperton (lists) lists at blackbird.net.au
Sun Aug 3 23:38:31 CEST 2003

> Which version of check_dns are you running? Which OS?

check_dns (nagios-plugins 1.3.0) 1.8
FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE

> Can you run it with -v flag for extra debug info.

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_dns -v -H www.intel.com -s
[server]
/usr/sbin/nslookup www.intel.com [server]
Server:  [server]

Address:  [IP address of server, not www.intel.com]

DNS ok - 0 seconds response time, Address(es) is/are (null)

> There were some bug fixes made to release 1.3.0 which are in the 1.3.1
> release and in CVS HEAD.

I've downloaded 1.3.1 and its fixed in there, thanks.

Dale