Escalation notifications problems

Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?6w==?=l Guened joel at zonepro.fr
Fri Aug 1 18:45:47 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a problem with escalation of notification. I read and read the docs
and I didn't understand the problem.

- When I have an host down, the hostgroup contact receive an email, all is
ok.
- At the next escalation, the system send an SMS with an perdiod time 8/23.
All is ok
- But at the next escalation, they pass the middle escalation and go to the
last escalation.

Here is the config :

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name                  linux
        first_notification              2
        last_notification               3
        notification_interval           10
        contact_groups                  sms
        }
>>>--------> WORKS

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name                  linux
        first_notification              4
        last_notification               5
        notification_interval           30
        contact_groups                  urgent
        }
>>>--------> DOESN'T WORK

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name                  linux
        first_notification              6
        last_notification               0
        notification_interval           60
        contact_groups                  extreme,sms
        }
>>>--------> WORKS

The difference between 'urgent' and 'extreme' is the name contacts (but with
same mail) and timeperiods change :
- for 'urgent' : one contact is time period 'morning' ; the other is 'night'
Name contact is : the_name-urgent
- for 'extreme' : the time period is 24x7 and Name contact is : all-urgent
(a new contact with same mails that 'urgent' but NOT same contacts.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

Joel Guened
mail : joel at zonepro.fr