timeouts for check_ping plugin

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Tue Apr 29 18:59:53 CEST 2003

* Ian Farr (ianf at Oceanwide.com) [030429 07:35] spake thusly:

>    I get about 10 of these an hour. I have over 300 ping checks happening
>    (300 ping service checks), and I have an interval of 30 seconds (in
>    the main config file) - is it just too much for nagios to handle??
>
>    any thoughts?

My first thought would be to look at the 'Performance Info' page to see
how quickly your checks are being executed.

Perhaps after you post some of those numbers, others could comment on
whether or not indicate an overload on the machine running Nagios? I would
be interested in what sorts of numbers others are seeing for their check
execution times.

-mp