Options for Nagios Sending SMS Messages

Philip Roy philip at roysys.com.au
Tue Apr 29 01:04:09 CEST 2003

Gary,

One option that I use and have found to be reliable is using a package
called Gnokii (www.gnokii.org), that communicates with a Nokia mobile
phone directly connected to the nagios server via the serial port. Thus
the sms message is sent direct from the mobile connected to you server.
Cables for connecting the phone to the server can be obtained at a
reasonable price from www.simplythebest.com.au (about $30 AUD). I manage
a few of these setups using second hand nokia mobiles that you can pick
up for under $100.

Phil