Host/Service association

Patrick LeBoutillier patrick_leboutillier at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:07:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm planning to use Nagios to monitor a large network of machine that are
all pretty
much set up in the same fashion and offer the same basic services.

With this scenario it would be much easier for me create a host definition
and in
that host definition specify which services run on that host rather than the
other way
around (specifing the hosts in the service def).

This combined with the VERY useful "cfg_dir" option would allow me to simply
drop
a new file with the host def and have everything done in one operation.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,