NSClient CPULoad: Division by zero

Ralf Mellis r.mellis at kisters.com
Mon Apr 28 17:08:12 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm using nagios 1.0 with plugins 1.3 and nsclient 1.0.7.1.
I have set up several windows servers (nt4 sp6a and w2k sp3) successfully with
services like WINS (standard nagios tcp service), Diskspace (nsclient) and so on.

But: Three of my w2k-servers are reporting (check_nt -v CPULOAD):

"NSClient - ERROR:Malformed request or internal error. Check EventLog:None&2&10 "

I have checked the eventlog and there is the entry:

"Division by zero."

from source "NSClient" with event id 2.

I have tried to restart the nsclient service on these servers, but no change in behaviour.
Other windows servers (as well nt4 and w2k) in my environment are reporting successfully.

All win servers hav the same "patch level" (as service packs are concerned).

Any Ideas?

Regards

--
Ralf Mellis