many nagios-threads and pending services

Remus Lazar remus at lazar.info
Sat Apr 26 13:38:04 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have installed nagios from rpm on a SuSE 8.2 server. There are 54 services and
20 hosts.

# uname -a
Linux gurke2 2.4.20-4GB #1 Mon Mar 17 17:54:44 UTC 2003 i686 unknown unknown
GNU/Linux

I it a 2.4.20-SuSE-Kernel.

After I do start nagios, there are after a while many nagios-threads running
(about 400 after some hours). The problem is, that there are many services not
being checked - there are scheduled, but not checked. After the start, 20
minutes later there are about 28 services "pending", but with the scheduled time
in the past..

Under "Performance Info" I can see the average check latency over 10 minutes. I
tried to limit the concurrent processes but this did not help - I set it to max.
15 processes, but after a while there are many more nagios-processes running.

On demand I can send u the output from "ps faxv".

Any hints will be appreciated!

Regards,

Remus Lazar.

--