Drill Down Facility in APAN

Sat Apr 26 03:23:34 CEST 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for an excellent review of this matter and
say,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 07:08:07PM +1200, Jamie Baddeley wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for your thoughts. Great stuff.

  .. snip ..

> I'm guessing that it'll be wrapper around rrdtool fetch that'll end up being
> the catalyst for what we are talking about....
>
> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/manual/rrdfetch.html

It is more efficient to save fork()'ing rrdtool by using the various
language bindings to the RRD library. rrd_fetch can be called from Perl
[use RRDs; .. RRDs::fetch()], TCL [?], C/C++, and maybe Ruby.

In this way the plugin can fetch data from an RRD without the need to
fork rrdtool.

> peace.
>
> Jamie

Yours sincerely.