hostaddress variable use in services file?

Aaron Sonntag asonntag at motive.com
Fri Apr 25 22:23:38 CEST 2003

I have a group of hosts that are webservers.  I want to run the
check_http command against multiple hosts.

This is an example from the documentation of multiple hosts service
entry:
        define service{
               host_name              HOST1,HOST2,HOST3,...,HOSTN
               service_description    SOMESERVICE
               other service directives ...
               }

Many commands like check_http have a $HOSTADDRESS$ variable.  Is that
somehow pulled from the host definition entry?  If so then the example
below will work.  If not then I have to make a service entry for every
host because hostaddress is different for every host.
        define service{
               host_name              HOST1,HOST2,HOST3,...,HOSTN
               service_description    HTTP
               check_command          check_http
               other service directives ...
               }

Do I have to make a different service definition for each host because
the hostaddress is different?
Thanks

--aaron