Nrpe 1.8 starts into \'void\'

solkan nils_mueller at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:47:05 CEST 2003

Greetings,

I am trying to start the nrpe daemon on a remot machine. This is the output:

[root at XX.XX.XX sbin]# nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg --daemon
[root at XX.XX.XX sbin]# ps uaxw | grep nrpe
root     15165  0.0  0.0  3276  628 pts/2    S    10:41   0:00 grep nrpe
[root at XX.XX.XX sbin]#

The process is not running anf therefor, I dont get a connect either on localhost nor on the monitoring one.

The nrpe.cfg is proberbly configured and found in /etc/.

Anyone had the same problem and can give me some advive?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: The same configuration is running perfectly on 12 other remote hosts, just this one gives me failure.