Notification BUG nagios 1.0

Michael Hüttig Michael.Huettig at Medien-Systempartner.de
Thu Apr 24 17:49:37 CEST 2003

Hi all,
previously i posted some messages about notification-problems. Has anyone read
this or has same problems?

I receive a lot of notifications for hosts, for which i'm definitly NOT the defined contact. I think there is a bug probably with the parents-directive.
I'm contact for all net-devices like switches and routers, but not for some NT-, NW-Servers, which i've defined like following example:

define host{
        host_name               NWZ_1
        alias                   NWZ_1 Novell-Server
        address                 172.16.20.17
        parents                 WX1-DC2
        use                     allways-on-template
        }

I'll receive notifications for hosts, when they are going down, but there is
no ability to define a contact for the host. So i think there is a difference
between hosts and services and the defined notification-groups for them.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Michael Hüttig