Host dependencies do not work.

Campisi, Joseph JCampisi at iona.edu
Tue Apr 22 20:27:17 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with host dependencies.

As an example I have the server test1 dependent on navgw1.

define hostdependency{

        dependent_host_name     test1

        host_name                       navgw1

        notification_failure_criteria   d,u,o

}

As a test I brought down host navgw1 and test1 to simulate a failure.

For some reason, I do not get notified that navgw1 or test1 went down.

If I comment out the define hostdependency lines, notifications work
properly but I get notified for both servers.

Does anyone have any idea?  Here is an example of my cfg files.

Thanks,

Joe

define host{

        name                            generic-host

        check_command                   check-host-alive

        max_check_attempts              5

        notification_interval           240

        notification_period             24x7

        notification_options            d,u,r

        notifications_enabled           1       ; Host notifications are
enabled

        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Host event handler is
enabled

        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is
enabled

        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance
data

        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status
information across program restarts

        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts

        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!

        }

define host{

        use             generic-host

        host_name       test1