Could not locate a running Nagios process!

Francesc Guasch frankie at etsetb.upc.es
Tue Apr 22 11:45:32 CEST 2003

Hi. I had a nagios server up and running. I upgraded some
packages and now I can't send commands to the web interface.
I check the FAQ and it all looks fine.

This is RedHat 7.3 with nagios-1.0-1 and nagios-www-1.0-1.
I upgraded the kernel and apache. I also added iptables but
I turned it off just in case. The web interface works
well. But I can't send the commands. The nagios process
information screen shows this:

    PROCESS INFORMATION
    Nagios PID                             24611
    Notifications Enabled?                 YES
    Service Checks Being Executed?         YES
    Passive Service Checks Being Accepted? YES

    PROCESS STATUS INFORMATION
    Process Status:	        CRITICAL
    Check Command Output: 	Could not locate a running
                                 Nagios process!

I checked the FAQ about the command directory. It's not
exactly the same from the RPM, but it looks ok:
   drwxrwsr-x  2 nagios   apache 4096 abr 22 11:36 nagios/
   prw-rw----  1 nagios   apache    0 abr 22 11:36 nagios.cmd

There is nothing in the message.log nor nagios log files.

What else can I try ?

thank you.