Configuring nrpe

Jeff Lane crash at pinehurst.net
Fri Apr 18 20:57:55 CEST 2003

Yep...

to try it manually, I am merely copying the configured commands and
filling in the blanks...

for example...  to check the disk

I am using:

check_nrpe -H ip.of.host.machine -p portIchose -c check_disk1

which gives me a correct response...

however setting it automatically does not work... it isnt that just one
or two things arent working for this host... Ic ould probably figure
that out on my own... but the problem is that ALL checks are failing on
this one host, even though I can do each and every one of them from
command line and have them work.

I am pretty sure its not in the syntax either, since a good number of
these checks are being run on some other machines as well, and are
working fine on those machines. (for example the check_disk command,
check_sshd command, and some other commands I have been using for
general service checks).

Cheers
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lane
ConnectNC.com / Internet of the Sandhills
W4KDH at arrl.net

chown -r us:us /yourbase/