using qpage

Russell Adams RLAdams at Kelsey-Seybold.com
Thu Apr 17 21:31:37 CEST 2003

Not to blow you out of the water or anything, but I recommend Sendpage
for alphapaging.

Its more flexible than qpage, plus supports concurrent dialing on
multiple modems to multiple paging carriers. Piggybacking also makes
it faster for sending pages to multiple pagers (ie: nearly
simultaneous paging versus a minute between each page).

I used qpage for about 2 years with Netsaint 0.0.4b, and then
transitioned to Sendpage when I went to Netsaint 0.0.6. I'll be moving
to Nagios soon as I get a new server, and plan on continuing to use Sendpage.

I've got about 550 pagers defined, using 4 carriers. I've got an
internal email paging domain setup (username at paging.myhost.com), and
two modems for outbound traffic.

Just my $0.02. =]

Russell