Using Nagios with Mysql Status support

Hans Blaauw H.Blaauw at solweb.nl
Thu Apr 17 11:46:09 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to use Mysql in combination with Nagios, storing all host and
service log entries. I compiled it as described in the manual, added the
appropriate entries in cgi.cfg & resource.cfg and made sure the mysql
user has every possible authorizations. When I (re)start Nagios the
nagios.log says :

[1050571874] Error: Could not lock status data tables in database ' '

I tried to do a check_msql, but this produced a seg fault....

How do I get Nagios to recognize the database and eventually write data
in it ?

Help is very much appreciated !!!!!!! Many thanks in advance !!!!

Kind regards,

Hans Blaauw

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com