nagios && rrd

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Apr 15 22:32:24 CEST 2003

If I could make a suggestion for 'thinking outside the box', why use RRDtool
at all?  Consider the following components:

- PHP
- JpGraph http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/
- MySQL (or PostgreSQL)

Periodically slurp serviceperf.log and dump into MySQL.  Hit PHP to query
the database and drive the JpGraph-based output on demand.

Thoughts?

jc

(http://www.orcaware.com/orca/)
> > > to insert the data into RRD files and manage the HTML interface.
> > >
> > > I'm reasonably optimistic that this is a good idea.
> > >
> > > John
> > > jsellens at generalconcepts.com

any issue.