nagios && rrd

Sebastian Schubert sebastian.schubert at sskm.de
Tue Apr 15 20:03:33 CEST 2003

> My belief, which I haven't implemented yet, is that a good
> graphing/trending mechanism is to log the host and service perfdata
> from within Nagios, and then use Orca (http://www.orcaware.com/orca/)
> to insert the data into RRD files and manage the HTML interface.
>
> I'm reasonably optimistic that this is a good idea.
>
> John
> jsellens at generalconcepts.com
hi there,

we're currently working on script that takes the perf data and pumps the
data in cacti, yet another cool frontend/tool for rrdtool ..
you might want to have a look at http://www.raxnet.net/products/cacti
i've got an installed cacti on http://wir-wollen.zukunft-gestalten.de/
user:guest/password:guest if you want to look at it

maybe i'll be able to fill the graphs with nagios data in a couple of
days :)
--
"In god we trust, the Rest we Monitor"
Sebastian Schubert - RHCE