RES: NSClient can't display CPULOAD - digging deeper into the problem

Sandro Vaz (UOL) sandromergvaz at uol.com.br
Tue Apr 15 17:45:38 CEST 2003

Thomas:

I have installed more than 100 NSClients, and have seen all kind of
problems. Some of them:

1) Division by zero: solved once changing the counters.defs, because
Nsclient has detected OS language in a wrong way (it was English but
detected Brazilian Portuguese).

2) NSClient does not answer the queries after restart: had to downgrade to
version 1.07.0 or 1.06.2.

3) NSClient does not install: tried 3 times with same version, and i worked.

4) Connection refused by host (through different period of time - 5 min or 2
hours): don´t know why yet.

Despite of that, NSClient has serious problems when trying to get some
counters, and some guys here in the list are working on that.

It is vital to put Nagios in a multiplataform environment, so we have to
live with it (because it works great for the basic stuffs). In NSClient
site, we have a promise to get soon a full Nagios compliant version. Let´s
wait for the future...

Finally, I have problem with lost Exchange 5.5 performance counters, and
find an article telling me how to restore them (KB156494).

HTH,

Sandro Vaz