questions with cgi

Egidijus Antanaitis antaegid at takas.lt
Mon Apr 14 12:48:04 CEST 2003

Hello,
    now yet another question about nagios cgi work. I have hosts, which are
shown as "DOWN" in nagios cgi. But when I manualy execute the
check-host-alive (check_ping) plugin from shell - I get "PING OK - Packet
loss = 0%, RTA = 45.47 ms". My host configuration options:

define host{
        use                     generic-host
        host_name        host2
        alias                   host2
        address                 10.131.140.158
        parents                 central_router
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      5
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
}

Host is checked with:
      check-host-alive $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c
5000.0,100% -p 3

Why the host is marked as "DOWN" then?

Egidijus