[Q] Service Alert still sent out after schedule HOST downtime

GONG Wei wgong at smu.edu.sg
Fri Apr 11 19:19:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

1. nagios is up and running, everything is fine (version 1.0, Nov 24, 2002,
on RedHat Linux 7.2)
2. a scheduled downtime for a host has been submitted.  If reboot the host,
no notification will be sent although we can see the status change from the
event log.
3. however, if we stop one of the monitored service instead of reboot the
machine, e.g., stop the apache process, then a "service alert" would be
sent.

Q: anyway to avoid this?  Our reasoning is that after schedule downtime for
the HOST, SERVICE notification should not be sent, i.e., the notification
routine should check the HOST filter AND service filter, to decide whether
notification should be sent out or not.

Certainly this is just our understanding of the problem.  We feel this might
be more "practically needed", though.

Another alternative way to workaround this issue is to provide some simple
interface to schedule downtime for "all service hosted on this HOST".
Currently seems can only do "Schedule downtime for all services in this
hostgroup"

As usual, any comments are more than welcomed.  Please do drop me a copy of
your email as I am not on the list.  Thank you!

Regards
==========
Gong Wei (+65 68220120, wgong at smu.edu.sg)
Office of CIT, SMU
free Thawte Personal Email Cert: http://www.thawte.com/
GnuPG key: http://www.keyserver.net/en/

Standard Disclaimer:
	The contents of this Email and any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Unauthorized use,
review, distribution and copying of this Email and any attachments herein
are prohibited. If this Email has been transmitted to you in error or you
are not the addressee indicated in this Email, please delete it immediately
and notify the sender.