Creeping latency (Greg Vickers)

Erik Larkin erik.larkin at nuasis.com
Fri Apr 11 18:51:10 CEST 2003

I had a somewhat related problem with freshness checks on my central server.
After the first check, latency would creep up and never stop; I'd see
latency of over 30000 seconds for checks that I'd purposely leave stale.
Search back in this list for "Huge delay in scheduling freshness service
check after 3rd try" for full details.

I've had to treat this problem as a bug, since I couldn't find a fix.
Thankfully, since this is my central server and it's not performing any
active checks, I was able to toss in a kludgy workaround by reloading nagios
every hour, which resets the scheduling queue.  Latency creeps up in that
hour to about 200 seconds or so (if a freshness check is stale for the
duration), but that's bearable.

Erik

Today's Topics:

   1. Creeping latency (Greg Vickers)