Creeping latency

Michael Hüttig Michael.Huettig at Medien-Systempartner.de
Fri Apr 11 10:09:15 CEST 2003

Am Freitag, 11. April 2003 05:18 schrieb Greg Vickers:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm seeing the latency of my checks creep up
> and up to about 200-300 seconds after each
> restart of Nagios.
>
> Which is weird, cause:
> service_reaper_frequency=1
> max_concurrent_checks=0
>
> So the checks get reaped every second
> (limiting instances of Nagios in memory) and
> it spawns as many checks as it wants. Now I
> know that my service checks do not take
> *that* long to complete. In fact the service
> checks are all set to time out after 30 seconds.
>
> Anyone else having this problem???
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,
try the following:

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -s /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 1.0
Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 11-24-2002
License: GPL

        SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
        -------------------------------
        Total services:             615
        Total hosts:                229

        Command check interval:     -1 sec
        Check reaper interval:      10 sec

        Inter-check delay method:   SMART
        Average check interval:     448.780 sec
        Inter-check delay:          0.730 sec

        Interleave factor method:   SMART
        Average services per host:  2.686
        Service interleave factor:  3

        Initial service check scheduling info:
        First scheduled check:      1050048403 -> Fri Apr 11 10:06:43 2003
        Last scheduled check:       1050048851 -> Fri Apr 11 10:14:11 2003

        Rough guidelines for max_concurrent_checks value:
        Absolute minimum value:     14
        Recommend value:            42

--
Michael