Environment settings for check_oracle

Jeff Rendl jeff.rendl at ifsna.com
Thu Apr 10 18:06:52 CEST 2003

The question is:  How do I configure a "system-wide" environment variable in
Linux so that my Nagios process (which starts as a service) has access to
them?  I am running Redhat V8.

I'll admit it, I'm a Linux newbie, I figured most this stuff out (with
help), but I'm stumped now.  In order for the check_oracle plugin to work,
it has to be able to access the ORACLE_HOME (amongst others) environment
variables.  I figured out how to make these available to my shell
consistantly, but they aren't available to the NAGIOS process.

Thanks!