Need some help w/custom plug-in, please

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Wed Apr 9 15:04:58 CEST 2003

Could it be a permissions problem??

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Whitney [mailto:swhitney at journyx.com]
Sent: April 8, 2003 4:24 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Need some help w/custom plug-in, please

I have a simple plug in.  It calculates the age of the virus files based on
"now" and alerts you if outside your acceptable range.

It's called check_virus_dat.  It returns statusText of "Virus files are ___
days old." via sys.stdout and exits with exit code 0,1 or 2 based on good,
warn, critical.

Now, it's python-based, but the last 2 lines are all that matter.  My
command is:
define command {
  command_name                    check_virus_dat
  command_line                    $USER1$/check_virus_dat
}

The last 2 lines are:
print StatusText, status
sys.exit(status)

It returns the statusText ok, and I can see the exit code it's about to use.
Other scripts I've written are using these same exits fine.

When I run locally, I get (No output!)
When I run via nrpe, I get "Return code 32 is out of bounds."

Can anyone help me on this, please?

Scott Whitney

any issue.