[Fwd: check_oracle : Cannot determine ORACLE _HOME for sid 'test.world']]

jmarquart at planalytics.com jmarquart at planalytics.com
Tue Apr 8 19:38:38 CEST 2003

My recommendation is NOT to hardcode this value into the script.  (that
certainly is effective though)

YMMV - but I found it easiest to just configure my checks like:
     /usr/bin/env -i "ORACLE_HOME=/path/to/oracle" check_oracle ...

This enables me to make frequent updates to both the check scripts - as well as
the ORACLE_HOME dirs - with minimal reconfigurations.

-john

"Lonny Selinger" <lonny at bangtherockstogether.net> on 04/08/2003 12:44:09 PM