RETRY: CPU Question

Fred Albrecht Fred.Albrecht at za.tiscali.com
Tue Apr 8 11:06:02 CEST 2003

Hi Ewan

> Am I reading that correctly that your services.cfg and
> serviceextinfo.cfg
> are 1.6MB and 2MB respectively? That's an awful lot of text.

Yep it is, but luckily I don't generate it by hand. ;)

> The cgis parse the extinfo file on every load, and possibly
> the services
> file too, which will cause massive slowdown with files that size.

I thought this was where my problem lies...

> nagios2 will including caching of all config files, along
> with various other
> bits and pieces that might help. until then I think you need
> to look at
> making much more use of the template system to reduce the
> amount of info in
> your config files, or maybe try using mysql to store the information.

I AM using the template system, but I agree not 100%.  I agree that there is still some repitition.  I'll try to optimize the files, now that I know that this is the problem.

Thanx.  I'll report back when I've cleaned up a bit.

:) (I can smile again)

fred