check_snmp calculations?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Apr 8 04:44:19 CEST 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Stephen Katen wrote:

> My goal is to find the percentage of unused modems on a lucent TNT.
>
> I am able to obtain the number of used modems, and I am able to obtain
> the number of total modems, but it seems there is no OID for percentages
> on the device.  Is there a way to take the total number of modems, and
> the used modems and obtain the percentage breakdown with the check_snmp
> command?
>
> katen

check_snmp currently does not support operations on returned values.

workarounds:

1. take a look at contrib/check_maxchannels.pl
(monitor ISDN lines and modems on Ascend MAX 200/4000/6000/TNT)

2. if you know the number of modems (should be relatively fixed per
device :) you can include that in the "-u" label

eg: check_snmp -H host -C comm -o oid_of_unused -u " unused (of 48 modems)"

3. rework check_ifoperstatus to do the operations you are interested in..

of 1 maybe what you are looking for  ;)
--

-sg