RETRY: CPU Question

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Apr 7 18:58:45 CEST 2003

Wild speculation on my part, but the problem you describe could be related
to DNS resolution.  Or in your case, lack thereof.

You might want to check your /etc/resolv.conf and make sure that the first
nameserver directive points to a valid IP address, ie, one where a DNS
server is able to respond to your queries and reply in a timely manner.

My guess is that you have multiple nameservers, and the first one isn't
responding but the second one listed is.

Give that a try and let us know.

jc