Eventlog

Bosse Klykken bosse at klykken.com
Mon Apr 7 17:46:21 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:39:59AM +0100, Ewan Leith wrote:
> I've had some success with ntsyslog from http://ntsyslog.sourceforge.net/
> it's gpl.

I can second that, I am also using ntsyslog to extract NT Eventlogs to
a syslog server, and it works just fine on NT/2K/XP.

Also consider hacking with syslog-ng and PHP/MySQL to allow your help
desk staff to monitor and acknowledge selected system events in your
server farm through a web interface. I believe that it's possible to
create an alert in Nagios when attention is needed in the event log
interface, so that serious eventlogs gets noticed before it is too
late.

.../Bosse
--
Bosse Klykken - http://www.klykken.com/~bosse - PGP: 0x570ABB4E
We learn from history that we don't learn from history