NRPE 2.0 BETA Notes....

Showkilr showkilr at showkilr.com
Fri Apr 4 07:56:34 CEST 2003

I notice this one problem on RH8 and RH9 systems possibly others.
openssl uses a header from kerbose 5. the kerbose headers are in
/usr/kerberos/include  this is the default location for the RH systems.
kinda lame. In order to get it to compile with ssl support I had to edit
the Makefile in src with the Extra Include. If compiling without ssl
support everthing is ok. Not shure about the Distros out there. FreeBSD
4.7 has no issues with this. I have compiled sucessfully there. Haven't
performed any testing on these systems for functionality as of yet.

Modify nrpe/src/Makefile
Line 13 CFLAGS=-g -O2 -I/usr/include/openssl -DHAVE_CONFIG_H

For RH8/9 systems it should read

CFLAGS=-g -O2 -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/kerberos/include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H

for other systems just locate krb5.h if your openssl was compiled with
kerbose 5 support.

Showkilr