Webinterface Sound files

Ben Garcia bgarcia at p-inet.net
Thu Apr 3 23:57:55 CEST 2003

You could modify the output that is passed to Nagios in such a way that a HTML <EMBED> tag is passed through.  That way when the page refreshes it would automatically pass the tag and play (unless HTML is filtered from the return string?).

Could be VERY annoying -- esp. if you got lots of devices in a non-ok state, but that may do the trick for ya.  You'd have to write a "wrapper" that would take the exit code and return string from the plug-in, concat the tag to the return string and then well..  return it...  :-)

If you wanted to be able to choose what files to play for which services you could just pass it as an argument to your wrapper and then code it to put the passed argument into SRC attribute of the tag.

Just a thought...

--Ben