Using nrpe

Jeff Lane crash at pinehurst.net
Thu Apr 3 21:39:25 CEST 2003

Hey all,

this is again kinda basic, but I am having trouble getting nrpe to work
properly...  I keep getting the following error:

Info: Incorrect command line arguments supplied

for all the remote monitoring stuff I am trying on my test machine...

I have followed the instructions that come with nrpe, but still have not
gotten them to work properly.

Heres what I have done:

on the remote machine,

installed nrpe daemon in /usr/local/nagios/bin
installed nrpe.cfg in /usr/local/nagios/etc
installed the check_users check_disk and check_procs plugins in
/usr/local/nagios/libexec

edited nrpe.cfg appropriately
put the nrpe.xinetd file in /etc/xinetd.d and edited that with username,
group name, ips to allow

restarted xinetd to include nrpe

Oh local machine:

edited services.cfg to use the following command:

command_name check_nrpe!check_disk1

edited checkcommands.cfg and added this:
define command{
         command_name    check_nrpe
         command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c
         }

restarted nagios and I keep getting the incorrect command line stuff...

I have followed the README and such that came with nrpe, and as far as I
know, I did everything correctly, but apparently I have missed something
or done something wrong...

Maybe someone could point out what I am missing???

Thanks

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Lane
ConnectNC.com / Internet of the Sandhills
W4KDH at arrl.net

chown -r us:us /yourbase/