nagios plugin on solaris 2.6

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Tue Apr 1 17:26:16 CEST 2003

> From: hrishy [mailto:hrishys at yahoo.co.uk]
>
> I am not able to get the check_load working on solaris
> 2.6..when i run check_loda i am getting the folowing error..
>
> $ ./check_load
> ld.so.1: ./check_load: fatal: libc.so.1: version
> `SUNW_1.18' not found (require)
> Killed
>
> $ uname -a
> SunOS zblrdv90 5.6 Generic_105181-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
>
> can somebody tell me whats going on

check_load has been built on a machine where libc.so.1 offers the
SUNW_1.18 interface definition and that's not available on your
2.6 machine.

"pvs check_load" will tell you what it's expecting and
"pvs /usr/lib/libc.so.1" will tell you what libc.so.1 offers.

Bottom line is you need a version built conservatively for Solaris 2.6.

Phil