Plugin State never does not change back

Schindewolf, Stefan, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE Stefan.Schindewolf at Infraserv.com
Mon Sep 30 14:13:51 CEST 2002

Hello all.

I experience a problem with a plugin which checks for the next extents of my
Oracle Instances.
When the plugin changes its state, it stays there until I do
/etc/init.d/nagios stop and (after waiting a few seconds) /etc/init.d/nagios
start.

Although I receive the OK state when I run the command as nagios user on the
Command Line, the state shown in the CGI does not change.
A restart of nagios (/etc/init.d/nagios restart) is also not helpful.

It seems as if Nagios would not recognize the change in state. Perhaps a
caching problem ?

The plugin comes from the nagiosplug1.3 distribution and is called
check_oracle_instance.pl.
I only added the possibilty to connect to more than the localhost.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stefan Schindewolf

Infraserv GmbH & Co Höchst KG
Service Center Informationstechnologie