Change timeout alerts from CRITICAL to WARNING

nathan nathan at sysadminsith.org
Fri Sep 27 17:01:13 CEST 2002

grep "CRITICAL - Plugin timed out" * pointed me to popen.c modify lines 240-2:
        printf ("WARNING - Plugin timed out after %d seconds\n",
                        timeout_interval);
        exit (STATE_WARNING);

After modifying just popen.c or utils.c there was still a CRIT in the
resulting binary. Editing both appears to have resulted in a "warn on plugin
timeout". Keep in mind that the check_ping specificly will still CRIT on host
or network unreachable or if the rta or pl is above threshold.

See if that doesn't do the trick for you.

Nathan

Nathan the human