something I do not understand...

Freddy Frouin freddy.frouin at fluxus.net
Fri Sep 27 16:40:53 CEST 2002

I'm trying to enable process_perf_data to only some of the services on
specific hosts defined in my configuration.

* I've the following value in my nagios.cfg configuration file:

process_performance_data=1
host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

(commands are correctly defined and are working...)

* Then, I've the following host & service template definition:

define host{
        name                            generic-host
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           0
        flap_detection_enabled          0
        process_perf_data               0
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        check_command          		check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      	3
        notification_interval   	120
        notification_period     	24x7
        notification_options    	d,u,r
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        name                            generic-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          0
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             0
        check_freshness                 0
	notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           0
        flap_detection_enabled          0
        process_perf_data               0
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  some-group
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r,u,w
        register                        0
        }

For me with this, even if the process_perf_data is activated in the
configuration, sevices and hosts derivated from this templates should
not use the process_perf commands...

* So, I've all of my hosts looking like this:

define host{
        use             generic-host
        host_name       some-host
        alias           some-host-alias
        address         some-host-ip
        parents         some-parent-list
        }

* And most of my services like this:

define service{
        use                     generic-service
        host_name               some-host
        service_description     ICMP
        check_command           check-host-alive
        }

* And some for which I want them to process perf data like this:

define service{
        use                     generic-service
        host_name               some-other-host
        process_perf_data       1
        service_description     ICMP
        check_command           check-host-alive
        }

Yet it appears that nagios1.0b6 seems to enable process_perf_data
commands execution for all hosts and services... ? does someone see
where is the mistake in my configuration ?

Help would be appreciated,
Thanks,				Freddy.

--
Freddy Frouin