logfile scraping

Alex Kuehne kuehne at sietec.de
Fri Sep 27 10:02:21 CEST 2002

Currently I am developing as result of my Bachelor thesis a system,
which checks syslog messages. It has a perl daemon which checks
each log line for certain words implying bad things on the basis of
a MySQL database. When such a word is found the perl daemon
writes into Nagios external command file. Then Nagios sends an
email to alert me.

My Nagios host is also my central syslog host in my network.
I write all the logs into a MySQL database for later analysis. The
database is on a dedicated host.

On the frontend there is a user interface relying on Apache/mod_perl,
designed like Nagios event log page.

I am planning to release a beta in 4 -5 weeks on my homepage.

Best regards
Alex Kuehne

--
Network Manager, SAG, Berlin, Germany